PDA

View Full Version : Question about 2:1 Silent Series

BlackBart
03-07-2008, 06:51 AM
I am looking at the Silent Series to replace my Vance & Hines 2 into 1 Pro BP pipes on my 07 Heritage Classic. I'm looking at them from the perspective of being able to reduce the noise level to "near" stock levels, while still retaining some of the performance gains obtained by stage I. Since I am a Ham operator, I would like to be able to operate a rig while riding and the V&H pipes are just too loud.

I would like to hear from anyone regarding words of wisdom or practical experience. The documentation in the catalog looks promising.

bschultz
03-07-2008, 07:50 AM
The Silent Series should fill your goals: however the performance gains are limited. I would also suggest visiting you local "Bike Nights" or Dealer and look for someone with one of the 2:1 SuperTrapp SuperMeg system. The power potential is greater and I think you will find it to be the quietest 2:1 performance pipe on the market.

BlackBart
03-07-2008, 03:12 PM
The Silent Series should fill your goals: however the performance gains are limited. I would also suggest visiting you local "Bike Nights" or Dealer and look for someone with one of the 2:1 SuperTrapp SuperMeg system. The power potential is greater and I think you will find it to be the quietest 2:1 performance pipe on the market.

Thanks for the quick reply. Was wondering whether you feel like the SuperMeg system is quieter (tunable) than the Silent Series, or about the same.

Also, the picture in the catalog of the SuperMeg is on a Road King, not a Softtail. How can I tell how long the pipe is on a Softail?

bschultz
03-10-2008, 06:55 AM
The "Silent Series" is quieter. Download the catalog and take a look at page 14 and 20 for a 2:1 on a Softail.

BlackBart
03-10-2008, 12:03 PM
The "Silent Series" is quieter. Download the catalog and take a look at page 14 and 20 for a 2:1 on a Softail.

Ok, found them. Thanks for the help.

I would still like to hear from anyone having the 2:1 SuperMegs or the Silent Series as to relative noise levels.