PDA

View Full Version : Mean Mother II LOUD

brokert
08-13-2007, 02:47 PM
The stock exaust on my '93 Ultra Classic gave up the ghost, so I bought a set of Mean Mother II's on Ebay. They are great pipes, look terriffic, but they are WAY WAY to loud. Is there anything I can do to quiet them down? They seem to have the baffels in, so I don't know what else I can do, but they are ear splitting and need to be toned down quite a bit.

bschultz
08-14-2007, 07:41 AM
The stock exaust on my '93 Ultra Classic gave up the ghost, so I bought a set of Mean Mother II's on Ebay. They are great pipes, look terriffic, but they are WAY WAY to loud. Is there anything I can do to quiet them down? They seem to have the baffels in, so I don't know what else I can do, but they are ear splitting and need to be toned down quite a bit.

The Mean Mothers are "Drag" pipes. The removable louvered baffles are the only means for decreasing the sound level.

nighteagle
02-20-2008, 01:49 PM
I do believe they sell quiet baffles for those pipes , I have a set on my fxr ,yes they are loud but on mine it is not bad. quiet baffles may still give you a nice rumble.