PDA

View Full Version : Mean Mothers install on a EFI K-9

Samuelnus
07-18-2012, 06:45 AM
Just purchased an '08 Big Dog K-9 with fuel injection. I really want to be able to install a set of these (Mean Mothers) pipes on bike. Has this been done? Is it possible? Which one will work/won't work? Stock bracket for existing pipes will/won't work w/MM? Bungs for O2 sensors need drilling????? So many questions and so difficult finding answers. Thanks much!

bschultz
07-18-2012, 08:10 AM
We made an after market option exclusively for Big Dig in the Mean Mother line. Check for availability with the folks at;

www.bdm.com

jwells
07-18-2012, 08:49 AM
p/n 138-71900, Mean Mother Slip-Ons specifically for the Big Dog, 559.00 and they are in stock, call customer service.

Samuelnus
07-18-2012, 11:32 AM
thanks to both you gentlemen for that information. I went to visit a cycle shop that was a an authorized Big Dog repair center. Not too far from the house and I asked them the same question I asked here. They're answer, Mean Mothers that would directly bolt up to my 08 K9 would have to come from 2006 to 2008 K9s or Mastiffs. So anything I purchase used would be these. Others could be made to fit but at what cost??? For instance, I was told by a mechanic in that repair center that Mean Mothers off of a Ridgeback would be close but the bracket would have to be made to fit the two together (bike and pipes) and that would take, maybe, three hours @ ninety per!! Again I do appreciate the help. Now I'm going shopping!
PS. Another note of interest. I was told by that same mechanic that just because my bike has EFI, wouldn't make any difference. Those Mean Mothers had no connection with the fuel injection! Surprise (but pleasant).