PDA

View Full Version : Internal Disc Series Universal mufflers

Pancho
02-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi,

Some time ago there were installed on my bike (2007 Softail) SuperTrapp 3" internal disc series universal mufflers (2:2). For some reasons, there were put slip-ons with inlet 2" instead of 1 ¾" as had to be. They prepared metal rings to be adapted to the pipes with smaller diameter outlet. There is a small exhaust gas leak. It is not a big deal but it is driving me creasy.

I would like to ask you two questions if you can help me:

1. Is there any danger for the engine, caused by these exhaust gas leaks and if there is a small difference in the back pressure (I do not see for the moment any difference in the color of the spark plugs)?
2. Are there existing spare parts to adapt these exhausts to the smaller pipe outlets of my bike and if yes, where I can buy them.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Pancho

bschultz
02-14-2008, 08:30 AM
Pull the muffler, clean the headpipe and muffler where they mate. Run a bead of High Heat silicone around the pipe and reassemble and let set overnight. Also make sure the clamp is being tightened down over the area of the relief cuts on the muffler inlet. If it is the right side I would also consider adding discs for more flow.

Pancho
02-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Thank you very much for your help. I will try.

Pancho