PDA

View Full Version : 2:1 for 120" Big Bore Bagger

hdfr120
01-26-2008, 06:32 PM
I am running a 120" bigbore motor making 136 TQ and 134 HP on a 2007 FLHX with Rinehart True Duals and I'm looking into a 2:1 for a broader torque curve and better overall performance. Some have suggested D&D Fatcat or Borzilla which are great performance systems but unacceptably loud. I have considered getting a SuperTrapp universal muffler to mount on D&D stepped headpipes but thought I'd see what you would recommend before I start to mix and match pieces.

1. What is the difference between the SuperTrapp 2:1 SuperMegs and the Kerker 2:1 SuperMegs?

2. What diameter are the primary headpipes, and are they stepped?

3. What system would you recommend?

Thanks

bschultz
01-28-2008, 07:24 AM
[QUOTE=hdfr120;586]I am running a 120" bigbore motor making 136 TQ and 134 HP on a 2007 FLHX with Rinehart True Duals and I'm looking into a 2:1 for a broader torque curve and better overall performance. Some have suggested D&D Fatcat or Borzilla which are great performance systems but unacceptably loud. I have considered getting a SuperTrapp universal muffler to mount on D&D stepped headpipes but thought I'd see what you would recommend before I start to mix and match pieces.

1. What is the difference between the SuperTrapp 2:1 SuperMegs and the Kerker 2:1 SuperMegs?

The kerker is a "fixed" core where the Supertrapp has the benefit of the disc system. The disc system allows control of the exhaust flow by adding or removing discs.

2. What diameter are the primary headpipes, and are they stepped?

1.75"...no.

3. What system would you recommend?

Our 2:1 SuperTrapp SuperMeg has always been our best all around performer.
We have not been involved in any extensive testing with 120" big bore kit. Our suggestion would be to go with the suggestion of a well qualified tuner that is familiar with your setup and goals.

FLSTCI124"
03-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Guess that answers my question pretty much... One tuner mentioned the SuperTrapp but if they aren't proven on large motors I'm not gambling that much money and find out they aren't compatible.

Boarzilla seems a popular system with the "Big Inch" crowd but I can't run my bags with that pipe (according to D&D).

RB Racing was another choice but there must be a million complaints on that company. Everyone that has one swears they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, the problem seems to be actually getting one!