PDA

View Full Version : 2010 UC- Fatshots axel bolt/nut clearance

CornfedHog
05-14-2011, 08:50 PM
I finally recieved my new Fatshots today- installed them, stood back and looked at the pipes while the bags were still off. Freaked out - the right rear axle bolt looks like it might hit the pipes if the rear wheel travels too far. The stock pipes have a "dimple" in them for clearance. Started the bike but didnt ride it (rain all day)
Am I over thinking this?
Thoughts? Opinions?
Thanks in advance?

blackdog30
05-15-2011, 11:28 AM
I have the same Fatshots on my '08 RG. I just went out and looked. Close for sure, never noticed it before. We have ridden 2-up several times since the install with no issues, they have not hit. I don't think it's a problem. Good luck, and post if you learn anything new. Thanks, Bill

bschultz
05-16-2011, 07:01 AM
Good, we have not had any reports of the axel bolt as being an issue.

blackdog30
05-16-2011, 02:56 PM
After looking at my bike again, when the suspension moves (compresses down) the muffler will move away from the axle nut. Assuming the suspension is "topped out" when not loaded, the nut will not hit the muffler. Axle removal may be a different issue though, possibly requiring muffler removal. Hope this clears up any questions.!!

CornfedHog
05-17-2011, 01:12 PM
I agree- rode it yesterday- seems like the swingarm assembly will keep the clearance as it moves- so shouldnt be a problem....Ride two up loaded most of the time...I do keep an eye on the air shock pressure and adjust as necessary...so with all of that said. I think its fine!
Bike seemed to have more "pep" - quieter than I expected- love the look.
Thanks for the responses.
DJ

jwells
05-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the update.
We have not had or heard of any clearance issues with any of the standard FLH models.
We did however have a case on a Screaming Eagle FLH (09) where the swingarms was not centered in the frame and the axle was hitting the stock muffler-Belt was way out also.