PDA

View Full Version : Screamin Eagle Fatshotz

G Man
05-12-2011, 05:10 PM
I just installed a set of Screaming Eagle Fatshotzs mufflers on my 2009 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic and i find them a bit loud for touring. I tried removing 2 discks but it made no differance probably because they have no end caps. Can they be tuned quiter ?
G man

blackdog30
05-12-2011, 06:47 PM
G Man, I have a set on my '08 RG. They had 10 discs and an end cap with a hole in it, stock I think. I bought closed end caps, and added 6 discs ea side ( total of 16 ea. side). It is quiet for cruising, but still "growls" when you get on it. Nice deep rumble, like an old timey glass pack. Best system out there for my money. Good luck, I'm sure the moderator will have better advice, he's the expert.!!

bschultz
05-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Actually I was going to suggest the closed end cap with a few additional discs…so blackdog30 is right on the money.

G Man
05-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the info Blackdog30. Apparently these mufflers have being tuned do you kow if that will affect the performance ?Can i buy the end caps and extra disc on line?

bschultz
05-13-2011, 11:26 AM
There is a "tune kit" available which includes 2 closed end caps, 10 discs, 12 new screws, a packet of anti-seize, security wrench and instructions.
The kit can be purchased through your dealer or the "store" at the website.