PDA

View Full Version : Supertrapp 2 onto 1 06 Road Glide brackets

buddyrm
04-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Hello,

I received a set of chrome 2 into 1 used. I think the model is 828-71453. Anyway my question is that the clamp that came with it does not match the bracket on the transmission case from the old exhaust. Does the original bracket need to be changed on the transmission side? Although the old bracket kind of fits if used with a strap similar to the heat-shield. The problem is that the exhaust end opening where the muffler slips on, sits a tad high and so the muffler kind of bends downward to meet the rear mounting hanger. Did these exhaust system come with a new bracket for the transmission case? Thanks for any help.

bschultz
04-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Per the instructions (which you can download at our websight) the stock transmission bracket is used with a stainless steel "worm" type clamp as you mention; however the headpipe and muffler should line up straight.
Any chance an old "extra" gasket was left in one of the ports that might cause the pipe angle to be off?

buddyrm
04-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Per the instructions (which you can download at our websight) the stock transmission bracket is used with a stainless steel "worm" type clamp as you mention; however the headpipe and muffler should line up straight.
Any chance an old "extra" gasket was left in one of the ports that might cause the pipe angle to be off?

No chance of the extra exhaust gasket. Anyway the header pipe fits perfectly in the old transmission bracket. At the angle it is at, it would seem that the front exhaust would be the one that is pushing the exhaust rear up. Strange.

bschultz
04-05-2011, 07:48 AM
The geometry of a rubber mounted motor and the frame its mounted in can change over time due to wear. I've also seen these angles change when a rubber mounted motor is removed and reinstalled. Another possibility is the pipe was tweeked during a previous install and/or removal.

buddyrm
04-05-2011, 06:58 PM
The geometry of a rubber mounted motor and the frame its mounted in can change over time due to wear. I've also seen these angles change when a rubber mounted motor is removed and reinstalled. Another possibility is the pipe was tweeked during a previous install and/or removal.

OK I will look at it some more. Maybe I will something. Thanks for the help.