PDA

View Full Version : Hey from Duluth GA

gazippoman
03-28-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm finally ready to start changing some things on my '10 FLHTK. 30K miles and I'm ready to change the sound and the performance. So I though I'd ask the GURU a couple of questions....

I've just ordered the 128-65117's because I want a low rumble, but not LOUD.

My question concerns my future planned changes. Going with non-cat head pipes, a/c and TTS mastertune. Will this make the 65117's too loud?

And as an aside...can put on the 65177s....then change the a/c without having to tune? It would help if I could spread the costs out over a little more time.

Thanks from GA
gazippoman

bschultz
03-29-2011, 08:19 AM
The 128-65117's were designed to produce a sound level similar to the 128-65115's (for the earlier models without catalysts). The catalyst in the 2010/11 headpipes soak up a tremendous amount of sound. If you remove the catalyst then the sound level will increase...most any type of modification, even something as minor as a freer flowing air filter, will increase sound levels. Will it become too loud? That's going to be your call.

Installing pipes and a breather should not require further mods if the "closed loop" fuel injection is functioning as intended.