PDA

View Full Version : Reducing engine heat on 2008 FLTHCU

djdmad
12-03-2007, 12:14 PM
I am ordering an 2008 HD Ultra classic and I am concerned about the heat issues of the 96" engine.I am putting a fuel management system on first thing to richen the lean factory setting and a high flow air cleaner. I would like to know of the choices I am thinking about ,what kind of difference there would be as for helping keep the engine at a lower temp.

1) stock head pipes with 3" tunable slip ons .

2) True duals with 3" tunable slip ons .
Would there be a huge difference between # 1 & #2 I like the look of the duals, but if the 2:1 supermegs are a better option I will be Iwill be happy with them .

3) 2:1 supertrapp supermegs .

Thanks for your help and this forum !
DJDMAD

bschultz
12-03-2007, 02:58 PM
I am ordering an 2008 HD Ultra classic and I am concerned about the heat issues of the 96" engine.I am putting a fuel management system on first thing to richen the lean factory setting and a high flow air cleaner. I would like to know of the choices I am thinking about ,what kind of difference there would be as for helping keep the engine at a lower temp.

1) stock head pipes with 3" tunable slip ons .

2) True duals with 3" tunable slip ons .
Would there be a huge difference between # 1 & #2 I like the look of the duals, but if the 2:1 supermegs are a better option I will be Iwill be happy with them .

3) 2:1 supertrapp supermegs .

Thanks for your help and this forum !
DJDMAD

Both will work well, the 2:1 will give you a slight performance advantage over the slip-ons. Our testing has found NO performance advantage to the "true dual" set-up. Less back pressure will allow the exhaust to exit as quickly as possible preventing the least amount heat build up.