PDA

View Full Version : Replacement heat shield kits

stu50uk
05-12-2010, 11:26 AM
What heat shield kit would I need for my Supertrapp 2 into 1 exhaust fitted to my 2003 Harley Davidson FXDX Dyna Super Glide Sport. :confused:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j79/stu50uk/motorbikes/Harley.jpg

I have enclosed a picture (see above) to help with identification of the exhaust system. As you can see no heat shields are fitted and I require some to stop burning my right foot.

The only part number I can find, is on the exhaust muffler (silencer) hanging bracket, which is: 027-7354

I tried using the sales@supertrapp.com e-mail address, but have had no reply. :mad:

bschultz
05-12-2010, 04:15 PM
email response 5/5;

Stuart,

You are looking for 3 piece heatshield kit P/N 408-7355…MSRP $449.00 USD.

Contact our European Distributors for a dealer near you

www.custom-chrome-europe.com

www.zodiac.nl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 9:07 AM
To: SuperTrapp Sales
Subject: Supertrapp heat shields for 2 into 1 exhaust.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to enquire about a heat shield kit for my Supertrapp 2 into 1 exhaust fitted to my 2003 Harley Davidson FXDX Dyna Super Glide Sport.

I have enclosed a picture (Harley.jpg) to help with identification of the exhaust system. As you can see no heat shields are fitted and I require some to stop burning my right foot.

The only part number I can find, is on the exhaust muffler (silencer) hanging bracket, which is: 027-7354

I live in Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom. Do I order direct from you? Or if not, who is my local dealer?

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Stuart Brown.

stu50uk
05-13-2010, 07:19 AM
Thank you for the reply. :)

stu50uk
05-27-2010, 06:51 AM
Got the Supertrapp 3 piece heat-shield kit P/N 408-7355, as suggested.

Can't get it to fit! :confused:

The rear heat-shield fits good from the cylinder exhaust port to the forward bend, but is over half an inch out when it gets down to the muffler heat-shield. :(

The front heat shield fits better, but doesn't lay right at the front cylinder exhaust port and there is a gap at the muffler heat-shield. :(

I have tried for slackening all the jubilee clips and realigning everything. It just looks like the kit is the wrong one? :confused:

What do you suggest?

bschultz
05-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Did we get the part number off the headpipe?

Alixolson
01-25-2011, 04:59 AM
hey
you supertrap is so super .its internal and exterlnal ability is showing in pic.i am looking for 3 piece heatshield kit P/N 408-7355
so coooooooool
thanks

bschultz
01-25-2011, 08:15 AM
Since the 2007 posting the heatshield kit mentioned has been discontinued and is no longer available.