PDA

View Full Version : help

hipofxdf
04-02-2010, 07:48 AM
ok first let me say that i love my new super meg 2 into 1 pipe thats one my 2009 fat bob. power is incredible with this pipe finally have it tuned after having it for 2 weeks. my problem is the fitment of my pipe to the bike. are all pipes on this series of bikes made so that when i check my oil or change it i have to remove the pipe. the rear cyl pipe curves by my oil filler cap and it cant removed while pipes are on. surely i dont have to remove or loosen the pipe to access the oil filler cap. im hoping that by pipe was made incorrectly. as i dont want to keep changing exhaust gaskets everytime i check my oil. please help this is a major problem for me. ive got the p clamp and bracket all install correctley..

bschultz
04-05-2010, 07:43 AM
We changed the bend on the rear exhaust pipe a few years ago when HD changed the position of the oil dipstick and we have not had an issue since. It is very close however there should be enough clearance for removal.
First check the spacers supplied and used for the transmission mounting bracket are actually 3/4".
Try loosening the pipe and pulling it away from the engine, from the bottom, and retighten.