PDA

View Full Version : screaming eagles vs. Fatshots

tstidfole
03-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Hello, I need a little assistance on deciding on whether to order the screaming eagle version or right from Supertrapp, what i am looking for is not to quiet but an aggressive growl from the pipe, i understand harley has 10 discs and Supertrapp has 12 on each side i like the closed end cap as well, looks tough! I think the polished end caps are better than the harley black, this brings me to one last question i watched the video and a rep was holding the pipe and it had a very nice polished end cap and closed end is that what comes with it or this is optional what he was holding in the video? thanks for your help.

bschultz
03-29-2010, 08:29 AM
You didn't mention the model/year of your bike; however, briefly the "open" end cap will provide more sound than the "closed" end cap and yes the SuperTrapp FatShots come with the "closed" polished end-cap.

tstidfole
03-29-2010, 12:31 PM
That would probaly help, its a 2009 bone stock street glide.

bschultz
03-29-2010, 12:41 PM
The SuperTrapp FatShots will provide a nice deep throaty sound, nothing obnoxious. Again, the HD FatSHOTZ will provide even more sound with the "open" end cap.

tstidfole
03-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply! one more question? if i go with the Supertrapp version and opt to take off the closed end cap, it will have a more aggressive note than the the HD version? thanks!

bschultz
03-30-2010, 07:46 AM
If you change out the "closed" end-cap on the SuperTrapps with an "open" end-cap it will be comparable to the HD SE version.

tstidfole
03-31-2010, 11:48 AM
i ordered the pipes last night directly from Supertrap. one more question. When i get the pipes do i simply just take out the closed end cap (it is just a disk bowl?) and bolt everything back together and it is now set up like the screaming eagle fatshots? or do i have to purchase a open end cap from the catalog? i am to assume that once i take off the closed end cap and reinstall the trim ring i now have a SE fatshotz setup? i want to make it just like the SE fatshotz come from the factory. (however i will probaly like more sound) thanks

bschultz
04-01-2010, 07:05 AM
The "trim" rings function is cosmetic; it does nothing to control the exhaust flow. The end caps, closed or open, force the exhaust (or part of the exhaust in the case of the open end-cap) through the diffuser discs.

tstidfole
04-01-2010, 12:36 PM
got it! so i dont need to purchase anything, simply take it out. i will have them in my hands tomorrow so i will see what i am looking at. thanks!

bschultz
04-05-2010, 09:41 AM
No...The trim ring is cosmetic, it's NOT a disc, and it’s NOT an end-cap. The SuperTrapp FatShots come with a "closed" end cap; open end-caps are an option (purchased separately).

tstidfole
04-05-2010, 10:29 AM
O.k. thanks for the clarification, is there a part number i can get so i can order it? One more question, I understand this will take the place of 10 discs, Do i leave the 12 that is there now or do i remove 10 discs and install the open cap? that will leave me 2 rings and an open end cap =12 total? or should i remove all discs and just leave the open end cap? as i understand the recommended discs is 10 for the 09 street glide. I am looking for more sound, can i leave all the discs and simply install the open end caps? I noticed in the harley shop the screaming eagle version had about 10 Discs and a open end cap. thank you.

bschultz
04-06-2010, 07:19 AM
I would remove all the discs and install the open end-cap. If you are still looking for more sound then start adding 2-3 at a time. Make sure and use anti-seize on the screws each time you replace the disc assembly.
P/N 405-3046...open end cap can be purchased via our webstore.