PDA

View Full Version : disc number for seattle area stock dx

sirkreuab
03-24-2010, 12:59 AM
i recently purchased a pair of fatshots for my 08 nightrod special they havent arrived yet. It is currently stock (no race tuner or special air filters stock exhaust and everything). i live in the seattle area and was wondering how many discs at that sea level i am at would be around right for my bike. honestly i love the way my bike handles now although it does seem a little quiet. i looked into alot of slipons and decided yours would fit me best. so i guess the question is where should i start at to get the performance im used too. or even better?my bike sure looks mean but it purrs rather than growls. you always hear about that harley sound yet the stock bike seems subdued. im not looking to be super loud or annoying i respect others in town but a little deeper would be nice. my father has a stock road king. and it makes my dx sound like a baby bike. lol thanks for any advice sorry for rambling.

bschultz
03-24-2010, 07:14 AM
We found the Fat Shots to perform best with 8-10 discs on a stock machine.
Keep in mind, a set of after market pipes will provide you with more sound; however the V-Rod/Night-Rod is a different breed and it will never sound like your Dad's Road King.