PDA

View Full Version : XR-style 2 into 2 heat shield? (815-71202)

Chris300s
02-25-2010, 12:33 PM
I just installed the 815-71202 on my '06 Roadster with rearset pegs. Sounds awesome and looks great. However, they are hot as hell and I can't fgure out how I'm going to ride it without heat shields. I don't think that Supertrapp makes a set, does anyone else? Suggestions? Anyone tried a set of these?
http://www.harley-part.com/santee3.gif

Thanks,
Chris

bschultz
02-26-2010, 09:43 AM
You're correct, we do not offer a set for the XR-style pipes. You look like you have found a good option. Most universal type shields that I have seen are solid (no louvers/holes) and around 7" long.

Chris300s
06-09-2010, 07:14 PM
I ended up using two of the heat shields shown above and they work well. Just enough to create an airspace between my leg and the can.
After 1000 miles I developed a crack in the rear header pipe right at the O2 bung. :mad:
I was able to get the pipe welded up and get back on the road but I'm pretty confident that it'll fail again as the tubing is very thin and on a blubbermount it shakes all over. Carefull attention must be paid when intalling then that they're not under any stress when you tighten everything up.
Customer service was very responsive and a replacement should be on its way soon. Hopefully it's a little heavier at the bends.

Chris