PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Core for my muffler

Colorado Kid
02-02-2010, 10:47 PM
I bought a used supertrapp muffler for my 07 klx 300. I do not know how old it is but the number stamped on the mount is 027-6301. The owner said that it came with a quiet core insert but he couldnt find it and he never sent it to me. I removed as many discs allowable but still want to tone it down a little. Even with the new packing. The only thing there is a perforated tube. The end cap has a turned down tube approx 1-1/4" round. Is there a insert for this muffler and is it available? Sorry for the long thread trying to cover all the bases. thanks

Heres a picture of what I have

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/sncruiser57/019.jpg

bschultz
02-03-2010, 08:30 AM
The "quiet" core replacement for your model is P/N 301-2208 (comes with "pillow packing"). Are you sure you have a "race" core? You can determine which you have by running a broom handle into the core after the disc assembly is removed. If the broom handle gos the full length of the core (all the way to the inlet), then it's a "race" core. If it only gos in about halfway it's the "quiet" core.

Colorado Kid
02-03-2010, 10:52 PM
I had the core out to repack it. It is straight through without the discs. I am running with 7 discs at this time. Thanks for the part number.

bschultz
02-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Yeah, that's a "race" core.