PDA

View Full Version : Power vs MPG

bishop11c
11-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Glad you guys made this forum. Your pipes are very popular with my peers, so I decided to go with your 2-2 Fatshots for my VRSCDX.
I have the PCIII, K&N filter(with top on), and your pipes when I put them on. I am going to get professionally tuned on a Dyno and will use endcaps with a hole drilled for o2 sniffer, then put closed caps on.
My dilema is this, I'm going to have 2 maps made for the PCIII: one for the best MPG, and the other for the most power thru the powerband to WOT. So how should I set up the pipe for best power, with more discs like 18+? And I have no idea how to set it up for better MPG. Thanks

bschultz
11-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Glad you guys made this forum. Your pipes are very popular with my peers, so I decided to go with your 2-2 Fatshots for my VRSCDX.
I have the PCIII, K&N filter(with top on), and your pipes when I put them on. I am going to get professionally tuned on a Dyno and will use endcaps with a hole drilled for o2 sniffer, then put closed caps on.
My dilema is this, I'm going to have 2 maps made for the PCIII: one for the best MPG, and the other for the most power thru the powerband to WOT. So how should I set up the pipe for best power, with more discs like 18+? And I have no idea how to set it up for better MPG. Thanks

There is no simple answer to your question due to the many potential variables. Do you want to "detune" the bike for best MPG at the sacrifice of ridabilty? Do you want high end horsepower or a good usable torque curve? We found the stock machine to run best with 8 discs. 5-6 discs would be the minimum to run for MPG, 12-18 for POWER and tune for AFR in both cases.