PDA

View Full Version : 2:1 3" Internal Disc Pipe

JWilson
01-17-2010, 12:28 PM
I am sure this has probably been answered on the forum, but I have not found the answer. I have an upgrade planned this winter / spring for my '06 FLSTNI. I will be doing a 95" build with 10.1 compression and a 251 cam. I use a PCIII for fuel management. My pipe of choice is the Supertrapp 2:1 3" Internal Disc pipe with fishtail. I ride 2 up with my wife quite often and am interested in good smoothe torque and a nice quiet ride ;) I will have the build dyno-tuned after complete and just wanted your opinion on a good starting point on # of discs. I was guessing around 22-25 with a closed end cap from what I have read so far. I look forward to your assistance.

bschultz
01-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Keep in mind the system you reference utilizes a "merge" pipe 2:1 header which works well; however is more nostalgic (cosmetic) oriented than performance. Running more than the 18 discs supplied, may not be of benefit with your build.

JWilson
01-18-2010, 08:57 PM
Keep in mind the system you reference utilizes a "merge" pipe 2:1 header which works well; however is more nostalgic (cosmetic) oriented than performance. Running more than the 18 discs supplied, may not be of benefit with your build.

From the system description... "Thirty-six - 3” discs are included with the 2:1 and staggered duals – that’s 18 discs per muffler."

Did I miss something? How significant is the performance difference in the internal disc series 2:1 and the supermeg pipe?

bschultz
01-22-2010, 03:52 PM
The 2:1 SuperMeg is by far the best performing pipe of the two on a mild build.

JWilson
01-24-2010, 07:07 AM

Pipe arrived. As you pointed out, 18 discs.