PDA

View Full Version : install/setup

gcoombe
12-31-2009, 05:48 PM
Hello from Australia.
I got a supertrapp 2:1 on ebay from a guy in California.I tried to find out what model before I bid but he didn't know so I took a chance.
number on muffler is 027-7492 and has a torx secuity screw on endcap with 5 allen head screws. can't find number on headers.I read fom one of your replies to a post it may be manufactured for Thunder Mountain Cycles 300 rear end. ( has closed end cap and 12 discs)
I have a 1998 FXSTC,will it fit ?,do you have mounting bracket to suit?or do I fabricate one to suit?
If exhaust is designed to sit out a bit wider ,will I stress exhaust flange studs by pulling it back in?
I have 80 ci with 10.75 compression,screamin eagle heads and SE 57 cam,CV40 carby ,Dynojet Thunderslide kit and 175 main jet,K&N filter.I currently run SE header pipes and slip-ons.
Can you suggest starting set up for no.of discs with closed end cap and open end cap?
Thanks

jwells
01-01-2010, 10:06 AM
To be positive, there will be a number stamped on the backside of the collector.
We make many OEM style megaphones that use the security screws, so to sure exactly who it went for is imposible without that header number.
Regardless, it is an OEM style quiet/restrictive muffler and we would not suggest it for your bike-ever. The core is too restrictive. You could buy a proper core/packing/etc. Expect about 125 USD.
However, most likely the headpipe was made for a wide tire application, so it would stick way out and burn your leg. Mounting would be difficult and you would have to fabricate your own mounts/brackets.
Best bet, chock up the experience and buy a proper SuperTrapp for your bike.

gcoombe
01-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
The news is not good but havn't given up yet.
There is no part number on the collector.
I removed the heat shields, they are 051-7144 and 051-7147 , does that help with the headers id ? I havn't had time to check for a fit yet.
I am interested in a new core for the muffler.
Can you recommend a part number for the 027-7492 to suit my bike?
Thanks

bschultz
01-06-2010, 07:35 AM
The heatshields and muffler body referenced are used on several of our OEM WIDE TIRE systems. A bracket is not available for a NON-WIDE tire application. The replacement "performance core" is P/N 041-7093, MSRP $42.60 USD. If you need replacement packing you will need P/N 004-7093, MSRP $33.00 USD.

gcoombe
01-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi
Thankyou supertrapp guru.
Can you suggest starting setup for number of discs with open end cap and closed end cap?(No major dramas with noise restictions here yet!)
Bike is 80 ci with 10.75:1 compression ,screamin eagle heads,SE 57 cam,K& N filter,CV40 carb with Dynojet Thunderslide kit and 175 main jet.
If I can get a reasonable fit with the headerpipes then I'm on the home straight.
Thanks
Garry

bschultz
01-06-2010, 02:15 PM
18-20 discs with the closed end-cap, 8-10 with the open end-cap.

gcoombe
01-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Many thanks.
Now I've got a shopping list if I get a fit.