PDA

View Full Version : 103 ultra- night stick ?

madjack
12-29-2009, 04:03 PM
I have a 02 ultra, which I've dropped a new SE 43/8 in. biult the top end with WT forged heads, WT 26g cams, 57mm tb, fatcat 2:1. I've taken a new SE night stick and had the inlet cut-off, belled to fit the fatcat outlet. I know how hard this 103 breathes, so since the night stick came with 10 disc plus closed end cap. I put another 9 disc, for a total of 19 disc+ closed end. Does this sound close enough to be safe till it can be tuned. Thanks forward, Gene

jwells
12-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Honestly? NO, the Nightstick is designed for a completely different set-up and we would in no way suggest doing what you have done?

We would recommend that you either stay with the 2:1 that you have as it is a pretty good unit, or go with one of our complete 2:1 SuperMegs that is even better.

What is your goal here? Why would you try putting the Nightsick on there?

madjack
12-30-2009, 12:36 PM
jwells, thanks for the reply. What I was attempting was to tone the decibles down. The fatcat is 5 yrs old an too loud with this build. Although the night stick surely didn't accomplish this idea, I still want to run with it till early spring. What is the inlet size of a supermeg, maybe thats the coarse i could go. My fatcat header pipes are fully wrapped with the heat shields powder coated black, so I'm looking to keep them in the mix of things.

jwells
12-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Gene, that helps.
The Nightstick is desigend for the 2010 bike/head pipe that has a cat in the head pipe. The cat absorbs a LOT of sound, so the mufflers can be made very free flowing. The Nightstick has a straight thru solid core with no packing material at all. It would be very loud.

Our SuperMeg 2:1's are 2.5" collector.

There are also some 'universal' megaphone mufflers that you could use.

Although our complete 2:1 will work best, Tom at D&D makes pretty good stuff and you might want to call them, they do have optional baffles as well as replacement packing?