PDA

View Full Version : 2009 flhtcuse with fat shots

hdctss
12-26-2009, 09:53 AM
from what I have read so far it seems that the best choice for this bike would be the supertrapp version of these pipes over the h-d version. this being the case, with a 110 inch motor that has been augmented with a non-cat head pipe, should i start out with the closed end cap with 12 discs? i am considering a k&n air filter with the screamin eagle race download in addition to the mufflers. any input would be appreciated.

hugger
12-28-2009, 08:20 AM
from what I have read so far it seems that the best choice for this bike would be the supertrapp version of these pipes over the h-d version. this being the case, with a 110 inch motor that has been augmented with a non-cat head pipe, should i start out with the closed end cap with 12 discs? i am considering a k&n air filter with the screamin eagle race download in addition to the mufflers. any input would be appreciated.

You can start with 10-12 discs and the closed endcap and then once you do the K&N and the race download you will need to add additional discs. Your tuning is also affected by the altitude and the hmidity so depending where you wilve you may have to use more discs. Higher elevations need more discs.

More discs equal more flow, more mid to top end power and more sound.
Less discs equal less flow, more bottom end power and less sound.