PDA

View Full Version : Tune 103 Big Bore with Fat Shots

bookerbga
11-21-2009, 06:57 PM
I have been running Fat Shots (10 discs) with with an otherwise stock '09 Ultra Classic and have been very satisfied with the sound and performance. I am adding a Stage II Big Bore 103 kit with 255 SE cam, high flow AC and I'm leaving the stock heads alone. I have been told by the dealer that I have to add a Super Tuner or comparable fuel manager and get a dyno tune. I questioned an independant and he said all I need to do is get the Stage II download and the ECM would make the necessary adjustments. Any advice would be appreciated.

bschultz
11-23-2009, 07:16 AM
The Stage II download should work without further mods; however a fuel management system and some dyno time in the hands of an experienced tuner can squeeze every bit of HP/Torque out of your combo.

jkelley
12-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Before giving the dealer $'s for a download that will still be lean why not put your $'s in a TTS and V tune it yourself. It's not hard, and lot's of support is available.

bradval
12-17-2009, 06:41 PM
I have a 2010 Tri Glide, 103", Stage 1 down load and Stage 1 Intake with SE Fat Shotz. Do I need an EFI Tuner and if so which one would be best?

bschultz
12-18-2009, 07:58 AM
With HD's modern day closed loop FI a tuner should not be needed; however I would consider your dealers recommendation in regards to warranty concerns.

miketyson986
01-14-2011, 03:25 AM
Before giving the dealer $'s for a download that will still be lean why not put your $'s in a TTS and V tune it yourself. It's not hard, and lot's of support is available.

Nice approach.........i agree