PDA

View Full Version : SuperMeg Fit and Performance on FHLT

flhtwoods
11-20-2009, 06:02 PM
I've seen such great tech support on the forum, I couldn't help but to ask a few questions. I just installed the 2:1 SuperMeg system on my 2000 FLHT with big bore (95"), 9.3:1 compression, Andrews 26G cams, and free flowing breather. Questions...

I needed to pull the pipes into the heads, there was about a 3/8" gap before tightening the nuts. I also had to pull the pipes in to the tranny mount, about a 1/2". Finally, I had to pull the muffler up to the saddlebag mounting, again about 1/2". Is this normal with a 2:1 exhaust?

I want maximum torque/power from 2500-4500rpm. That's the range the cams run best. How many discs would you recommend for this?

bschultz
11-23-2009, 07:55 AM
Normally there is no play at the ports when using "new" gaskets (conical recommended). Depending on the sequence of tightening, pulling the pipe into the tranny mount and up to the rear mount, a small bit of play can be experienced.
18 discs should work well with your combo.

flhtwoods
11-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the reply. I think the fit was good - no problem. I did use the recommended gaskets (new). There really was not that much play at the ports.

Another question though...
When adding discs will air/fuel ratio lean out the same across the entire RPM/throttle range or will the added discs have more of an effect at low or high RMP?

Why? I'm a little too rich at low throttle (1/8-1/4) and a little too lean at higher throttle (1/4-3/4). I can't raise my jet needle or I get richer at 1/4 throttle and if I lower the needle I go leaner at 1/2 throttle. Idle is perfect. Maybe this is just the problem with carberators.

bschultz
11-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Adding/removing discs should affect the entire RPM range.
Have you talked with the folks a DynoJet?
Sounds like the taper on the jet needle needs to be tweeked (thinner/richer).