PDA

View Full Version : kerker 2/1 supermeg

brucen2son
11-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi, have this on wife's '08 1200 sportster. The bike has been throwing an error code of p0505, loss of idle speed control. HD says the exhaust is cause as it over scavenges, makes engine too lean and it needs a Race tuner to fix. Now I had this happen with just a stage 1 download, SE air filter, otherwise a stock engine and the 2/1 supermeg. It also happened after I installed a cobra fi2000 and had settings at 3 4 5 on the cobra, and the bike rode and pulled very hard.

The dealer did use a race tuner (after I removed the cobra unit) and they made up some map which seems to not throw the code, but still tuning is not as right on as with the cobra.
looking for suggestions re: the pipe and tuning. Also do you think HD is correct?

Thanks, Bruce

bschultz
11-12-2009, 07:10 AM
How many discs are you running? Are you running with an open or closed end cap?

brucen2son
11-12-2009, 09:15 PM
The kerker 2/1 supermeg is an open muffler(see right thru it) . 2 1/2 inch I believe.

bschultz
11-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Ahh! Kerker, yes it is a 2.5" core which is very free flowing and is considered a high end performer and not a low end torque pipe.
With the error code P0505, beyond the the pipe(s) scavenging to much exhaust, I would also have to consider looking at the IAC (intake air control) or maybe a simple intake leak. Were electrical connections checked when the code was first thrown?
In our testing with ANY of the late model Harley's, equipped with the "new" closed loop fuel injection, we have yet to throw ANY error codes.
You can try slowing the airflow going in by mounting the stock aircleaner/filter back on the bike. If that nets a possitive result, you can leave it, or bring it back to your tuner and ask to have it tuned for similar performance with the SE air filter installed.