PDA

View Full Version : 2:1 SuperMeg Fitment

Dennis
11-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Installed SuperTrapp, P/N 827-71454, on my 98 cu. in. '04 Heritage Softtail Classic. Love the performance & sound. Problem, the top end of the muffler push's up of the bottom of my saddlebag. Can'nt adjust it any more down. I'm afraid of my ceramic coating rubbing off and also a hole in the bottom of my leather. Any suggestions? Anybody else have this problem?
Thanx in advance,
Dennis

bschultz
11-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Normally there is not an issue with OEM HD bags. We have had reports of concerns with larger aftermarket bags where the bags are deeper and closer to the exhaust. Usually the use of a foil backed heatshield tape remedies the concern; however we have not had any reports of bags actually making contact.

Dennis
11-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Thank you for your reply. These are not aftermarket bags. Using heat shield tape is not THAT much of a problem. I'm more worried of the ceramic coating wearing off. I live on the Gulf Coast & Corrosion is a Big problem down here. The tip of the muffler push's up into the leather about a 1/2"
Thanx,
Dennis

bschultz
11-04-2009, 07:30 AM
Give our Customer Service Department a call during business hours, 8am-5pm EST. We may have some ideas.